View Single Post
Old 05.29.2015, 01:20 PM   #46756
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Severian, my comment wasn´t really to you, it was most to the Evollove as he seemed to regognise it. But you all seemed to think evollove reaction is totally ok. I honestly not has been very familiar with that US/UK scene and I really think most of the world´s music listeners are also not. If you asked them how they describe eighties, I think synthpop came into everyone´s mind more than Minutemen. Don´t you all see that you seem to have quite US/UK centered view of the world´s popular music? Yes, I know even I listen a lot UK/US music, but still...and I really think also Finnish alternative scene of the 90`s was really great, but really not think anyone else than Finnish people who where round when it happened know about it.

First off, I do not think it was Ok for evollove to say that what you said was dumb. I'm not going to glove-slap him and challenge him to a duel over it or anything. I think he re-canted what he said, and more or less made up for it... After some prompting from Symbols, who in case you didn't notice, pointed out that the comment was uncalled for almost immediately. Which was nice of him.

Second, yes, you're absolutely right. Most of us are into English speaking artists who either had an influence on, were influenced by, or were direct peers of Sonic Youth. It probably shouldn't come as a surprise. This is the official Sonic Youth website, after all.

Does that mean we only listen to English speaking, western artists? No. A lot of people here are pretty hot for Japanese noise, techno from all over the world, German sound collage/industrial shit, and Northern European drone.

But obviously we're all here because we like Sonic Youth. So we all probably are into a lot of the same shit. Maybe we should focus on the similarities instead of the differences? I dunno.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|