View Single Post
Old 05.28.2015, 08:37 AM   #46748
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I mostly agree to you. I have been thinking Talking Heads, Siouxsie, Devo & B52`s are more of the seventies because they started then. Of course they made great records also in the eighties. And even I agree about progression in technology, I just hate that progression what came in the eighties when drummachines & synths replaced all the other instruments. I think that has came into better direction in the nineties & 2000`s. And one thing, Mars Volta came 2000. I am not really nineties lover, I have just said I think it was a little better time than eighties.

i don't think it was a better time per se-- i think you had a better time given the availability of music for you, but that's not an intrinsic quality of what was around back then. i mean you go from a top-40 prison to greater resources & global connectivity and access, and then later comes the internet which lets you see & hear anything-- well it sure looks better.

the late 90s were great for me too mainly due to napster which let me break out of jail free and let my tastes take me where they willed. but at the same time we had atrocities which were OF the time, like, say, kid rock, ha ha ha ha. i think even the eurythmics are going to beat kid rock if we choose them arbitrarily to "represent" each decade.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|