View Single Post
Old 05.27.2015, 10:58 PM   #46746
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think the point of suggesting the book is not to inform you about the '80s itself, but to give you an idea of what many of us think about when we think of that decade. That is, the American indie underground, and what was happening in California, the Midwest, Seattle, Boston, NYC and DC in the clubs and basements, and how ideas were swapped back and forth between struggling U.S. Bands and their UK/Irish/Scottish counterparts.

Maybe this is a part of the '80s that you didn't experience first hand, because of geographic limitations... Of for whatever reason.
Well, I think we have been discussing about how the music in some decades have commonly been. If the focus will be in subcultures like that US indie of 80`s, I think itīs very hard to say any decades which is better. In nineties there were also lots of subcultures, for example in Finland punk/alternative scene was very active in the end of eighties/in the beginning of nineties and many great bands/records came. Also there was stoner after grunge (I really like Kyuss). Or do Evollove means Us 80 alternative was so great everyone should for that reason love eighties?

Yes, I didnīt really hear Minuteman or even Sonic Youth in the eighties in Finland. Finland wasnīt third world country or under the iron cross, it has always been western country, but still very far away of Us altarnative in those days. I think there were two radio channels, cable televison channels were about to come.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|