View Single Post
Old 05.27.2015, 02:23 PM   #46742
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
He used a cheap trick, which I think is fair play.

But okay.

Take 2:

Morte, may I recommend a book called Our Band Could Be Your Life, which I think does good job of capturing the excitement that occurred in the 80s, albeit under the mainstream radar?

Also, may I suggest listening to Peel's Festive 50s from the 80s? I believe you'll come across tons of great stuff.

I gotta say, I've been thinking this all along. I agree with you 100% here, and your post about Minutemen sums up exactly why this is a debate that has no resolution. It can continue to be a discussion, as log as nobody gets nasty or unnecessarily offended, but obviously Morte just thinks more highly of the music of the '90s than we do.

And it sounds like when we talk about he '80s, we're talking about bands that have nothing to do with Kajagoogoo or Duran Duran. :/
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|