View Single Post
Old 09.01.2007, 02:43 PM   #26
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
When all is said and done, this album might be one their most criticised, but how many musicians do you know who would make one that sounded like it or had the same type of songwriting? I don't think I know a band that could at all, and that's why I love Sonic Youth so much. Yes, it has its flaws, but the quality of the majority of the songs on it is very, very good indeed.
definitely, i agree.

it's also the culmination of their transition into a band that wrote songs instead of dirges, a process that started with sister.

and dirty was my first sy album, it took me a bit to like it but by the second listen, i was into most of the songs.

sy's worst album, mostly because it sounds like rushed demos, is rather ripped, by far.

I agree with both of you.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|