View Single Post
Old 11.18.2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
In Porkys defence, he seemed to be opposed to you saying that their music was inherantly tied to a time/place/scene. And i agree, MBV's sound evolved considerably from the mid eighties to Loveless. Why do they have to sound "fresh"? What if they just write some nice songs? Id much rather hear them devolve to Isnt Anything? myself, Loveless is terribly overrated.

Point taken; I should have clarified. My worry is not that the album will not be good. I am a regular listener of MBV and totally agree that they evolved a great deal. I believe that I will probably love the new record regardless of how new or fresh it sounds. My worry is that the expectations may be too high for it to appeal to new audiences. I had the same fear about new records by the Pixies and Slint; that a new album would tarnish the band's record, receive negative reviews, and put off would be fans from younger generations.

But honestly, I had Dinosaur jr's Beyond per-ordered pretty much the moment it was possible to do so. Same with OnOffOn by mission of Burma. Not at all worried about my reaction to this album, because even if it sounds like a bunch of unreleased Loveless sessions, I would fucking love it.

I will stop being a crotchety old fuck, and just start being excited.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|