View Single Post
Old 09.23.2008, 01:40 PM   #197
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I re-listened to that hospitals record. I like it a lot more than I did the first time. It has the worst production I've ever heard on a record, ever, which I guess might attract some people to it but it also makes it a chore to listen to, especially on your first listen. However, this time, I saw through the muck and actually listened to the songs and most of them are really good.

I love lo-fi music but this was so lo-fi as to be ridiculous!

That's the thing about this Hairdryer Peace record.....it's a grower on many listeners. It takes you to a completely different mindspace which requires some orientation usually. For a lotta the slackjawed neanderthals on the TermBo board, drugs had to be involved. But since I'm basically part of the "straight-edge" "youth" "of today", my sober view was that it was immediately awesome. Best Hospitals record so far. It's also a beautiful record to behold.....it feels so much like a 70's private press era relic. Mysterious front cover, blank white back cover, and yet he paid good money to print the insert? No band name except on that giant low-grade orange sticker that looked like an afterthought. It's so personal....no label woulda had the guts to put it out. Can you imagine that phonecall? "Adam....You want me to pay a printer to make a really nice insert, but leave the back cover blank?!?!" That's why it had to be self-released, I figure.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|