View Single Post
Old 07.24.2017, 09:43 AM   #48942
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Can't agree with some of your choices there. Jimmy Eat World? Bush? Negatory mon frer.

don't expect you to. But hey, I worked in a record store at the time and as such was exposed to all kinds of things. Honestly, Bleed American is an album that I heard so much that year that it just is like, part of that year of my life. It's not some game-changer of an album or even an important album. But if I hear it now, I still enjoy it.

As you've mentioned before, I'm pretty beyond the point of giving any F's about what's cool and whatever. I'm under the impression that I'm the most-uncool dude here as far as "taste" is concerned. But I'm okay w/ that cuz I'm real about it. I promise that you'll never seee me pretend to like some arty album that I don't to look cool. And I'll totally admit that I still listen to Bush. IDGAF y'all can come at me. hahaha.

But yeah, 2001 was a crazy year for music. That list I made was outlining stuff that I was listening to at the time, and still enjoy today. There were a few that I almost included - like Endless Summer - that I was into at the time but in all honestly haven't listened to since probably 2002 or so. And I'm totally sure that I'm forgetting lots of good stuff that is just a blur in my head of like "was that released in 2001 or 2000 or 2002?"