View Single Post
Old 04.22.2009, 02:18 PM   #4299
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
STARVATION ARMY (amazing band name)-We have More Tape

This band is soooooooo great at what they do, which you can probably guess (since I'm writing about i) is noise played in the style of a garage punk band. They're frm Ohio, which is totally not surprising. Ohio, and Columbus especially, to me is onl rivaled by Michigan and Los Angeles for such a rich tradtion of noisy rock and roll. I wouldn't even put New York up with them because they have so many bands. But by volume Ohio is where its at. Look at this list; Pere Ubu, Rocket from the Tombs, the Beatoffs, Electric Fucking Eels, Vertical Slit, Death of Samantha, Vertical Slit, Times new Viking, Lambsbread, Tusco Terror, Leslie Keffer, I mean fuck so much of my favorite shit.

Now listening to Simply Saucer-Cybords Revsited. One of my favorite records of all time which seems to fall inbetween the pos-hawkwind Space-Noise Rock of Hawkwind, the boogie nonchalance of Hampton Grease Band, and a Killed by Death raw catchiness. I mean, there really isn't any Chrome-esque band that I don't like, as far as I'm concerned Chrome is as perfect a band as any and any band resembling them I automatially dig.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|