View Single Post
Old 12.10.2013, 05:49 PM   #1319
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Hip Hop was inherently political from the get-go, because it was a music that sprung from a marginalized and completely ignored subset of America (poor black and hispanic inner city youth). I think it is more about personal politics than the governmental politics. mainstream (shit-stem) Hip Hop stopped being personally political a while ago, when it became more about preaching a fabricated persona (NWA).
Ice T was an ex pimp, drug pusher, gangbanger, etc., and he rapped about what he had learned, seen, etc., personal politics. NWA was a bunch of poser fucks pretending to be hard ganstas.

Hip Hop "stars" have too much money to lose,a nd the powers that be have too much invested in them, to ever let them be political in any respect. JayZ and Kanye may be impresarios and tycoons, but the REAL money and power behind those guys sits in lush madison avenue corner offices, earning million dollar bonuses off off white kids buying Jay Z albums.