View Single Post
Old 08.27.2013, 10:33 PM   #45722
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
(a) If you ever throw tool into that mix of faux metal artists again I will jump on a plane and kick your ass, period.

(b) I agree with you completely, Trent Reznor is completely misunderstood, the guy is talented, I think his problem is he never focused it. Like, he has had a handful of epically great songs, but I feel never a complete album. He has made a few fucking frightening video game scores, but not everything in that medium he's done is good. He's contributed to inspiring cinema score, but only showed glimpses of brilliance. He's been the producer on albums for other bands that were all-time great records, but only sometimes. Its like, Trent, sit down and focus on one thing, and thrive at it, because there is clearly a lot of potential.

Sorry. I have post tool stress syndrome thing going on. Has to do with meeting them, for one thing, and seeing them become almost an afterthought to A Perfect Circle, whom I also saw live (with Nine Inch Nails, coincidentally), who were such an embarrassment as a "spin-off" band that they actually make me feel proud of Foo Fighters.

APC sounded like Incubus, played by people who had heard but never grasped Bauhaus. It was awful awful awful prog, and I feel like most of the people at the show were there for them, not for NIN, who was one of my favorite bands on earth at the time.

I'm not really into any big, loud, butt rocky bands other than Nine Inch Nails. Loudness doesn't appeal to me anymore. Not when it's just for loud messes sake. (Unless it's Electric Wizard or Neurosis or something.

I do have to disagree about the "complete album" comment you made, because I believe that The Downward Spiral is quite complete, and brilliant throughout. Year Zero and The Slip are both also surprisingly well put together albums. Are they 100% great? No. But they're 85 or higher, and they're weird as hell for billboard chart toppers. So is Broken, despite being only 8-9 songs long, depending on what you consider "pinion" to be.

Anyway...
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|