View Single Post
Old 04.11.2017, 05:34 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Isn't REPEATER a no-brainer? Even after all these years "Merchandise" is still so rousing. I only skip one or two tracks.

I like how Fugazi makes me chant out loud while driving.

13 SONGS - "Waiting Room" still stirs me. "Promises" and a few others, but some pretty boring and/or annoying tunes too.

Why does Fuzagi irritate me one minute, but make me want to start a revolution the next?

IN ON THE KILL TAKER has "Great Cop," one of my favs. And whenever I play "Instrument" for anyone, they are impressed.

But what the fuck are they singing? I think Guy enunciates even worse than Ian. Now I know how foreigners feel.

The experimentation and the good songs on RED MEDICINE make me want to rate it pretty high, but that's just because I forget about the boring ones.

For me, END HITS is one of those records where I'm waiting for it to really kick in, but it rarely does. I feel very inert toward it.

Yeah, THE ARGUMENT's good. No hardcore, though.

I made a playlist of Fugazi songs I don't really like and it was pretty long.

I made a best-of playlist which is a masterpiece.

Your taste in Fugazi seems to overlap a lot with my own. "Great Cop" is an all-time favorite for me, and Fugazi is an all-time favorite band. Top ten ever. Easy.

However, my favorite Fugazi album is the one that shows their range, power, mastery of mood and dynamics and ear for dischord and melody the most...

that album is motherfucking Argument.

You're right, it's not hardcore... but it's post-hardcore in a very traditional way. Look at "Epic Problem," or "Full Disclosure." Fuck man. Those songs rip. Then comes "Life and Limb," which is easily in the top three Fugazi songs ever. The album just doesn't stop.

As much as I love 13 Songs, Repeater, Steady Diet of Nothing and In on the Kill Taker -- and I really do love the fucking fuck out of those albums -- Fugazi started blowing my mind in a whole different way with Red Medicine and what came after.

Yup. I'm a latter-day Fugazi lover. Those albums are all insane. Every one of them. Just insane. Even Instrument, which is not technically an album I suppose, blows my mind. "Turkish Disco?" Are too kidding? That riff? What the fuck? The "Arpeggiator" demo that's somehow better than the studio version? Christ. Fucking superhuman.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|