Thread: the fiscal clif
View Single Post
Old 01.05.2013, 12:58 PM   #55
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
@ suchfriends et. al.-- no, no, no000...

bytor's pay cut comes from FICA -- "federal insurance contributions tax". in other words, SOCIAL SECURITY.

it's not for any of the things you list.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/fic...2-and-s-19767/

please read and understand....

also, bytor revised his change in paycheck so that $80 figure doesn't count. he's estimating it's gonna be $50-- regardless, it's easy to calculate-- 2% of gross pay. for SOCIAL SECURITY. nothing else.

now, some people consider social security to be nothing but an accounting gimmick, but still, this "end-of-tax-holiday" is NOT for roads, not for schools, not for safe air travel, not for defense, etc.... it's for SOCIAL SECURITY. not the general concept of "security" in "society", but specifically "old age, survivor, and disability insurance" of the federal government.

IT GOES HERE!!

alright, i hope that clarifies.

Isn't social security a public service? So would Americans rather pay for their elderly relatives housing and medical treatment directly instead of letting the government pay the tab? Wait, aren't there also MILLIONS OF DISABLED AMERICANS receiving funding from social security too? See how that works?

Remember we are in brinkmanship politics, so even if these taxes don't go directly to pay for public services, public services are the FIRST to be threatened if other aspects of government spending aren't meant. So while all our taxes in general don't necessarily directly go towards public services, if we don't pay up, our current political system will inevitably cut public services before anything else. We have two battles, the first is to keep spending level and even increase in public services, and second to start making our tax system more efficient. First things are first though, which is to pay up. Once we're all in, then we can get back to debating about cutting inefficient tax structures and spending programs. I am not pretending there isn't staggering, soul-crushing levels of fraud, corruption, inefficiency, and waste in government. However and again, this crooked shitstem has us against them, and so we need to accept certain things. I prefer to pay my bills and fight the other battles spiritually like a danza Azteca. Don't let me fool you, I am not in favor of the government, the government is evil. This government is evil. But the currently proposed alternatives are simply eviler.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|