View Single Post
Old 09.10.2010, 04:07 PM   #32
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
But the thing about Proverbs...yes, lot's of great wisdom to be shared from that book. But the Bible is a book made up of many different books written by people that mostly didn't even know each other. Still surprises me how many people think it's in chronological order as written. Job is actually the oldest book of the Bible....I can't help but to question a peace/loving God considering the way Job was tested.

Not to mention it was required of Abraham to KILL his son as a test of his faith. Thankfully God told him not to go through with it toward the end.

Prostitutes being stoned.

And a son of God forced to die and suffer for our sins. It's endless....

No wonder @ all the violence. I can see how it would make sense to some. Sad, but true.

yin an yang baby
I will reinterate that this is JUST WHAT I BELIEVE so as not to get into another 3 page bible scuffle, but
god knows what you are going to do before you do it but you still have the right to choose what you do. Almost everything in the bible contradicts itself. It makes no fuckin sense!!!!!!! so i just believe and talk to him like he walks around with me everywhere i go and do unto others like i want to be treated. i have seen no miracles but I KNOW he listens cause he has answered some really deep shit in my life more than once.

humans are not forced to love god we have to choose to thus we fall get up make a big mess of shit get up again and go back to him. at least thats what i did. i was not always so faithfull i went through my questioning period hurt myself hurt others and came back and even though i know i once denied him he will never deny me.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|