View Single Post
Old 11.23.2006, 03:58 PM   #25
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Any particular year is kinda irrelevant to me as they always struck me as a band that had to edit things down really heavily as they didn't know when to stop.My problem with the last two albums is pretty much that the song structures(or apparent lack of them) don't sound too much like that way of working was the start.I could quite possibly be wrong but that's just an impression i got.

i agree.
i just have this softspot for that era. i also love a thousand leaves more than most other albums ever made, and that was probabaly the most fucked with album in that sense.
they played with it for so long, gigging and jamming and bouncing it back and forth and moulding it into the masterpiece it is. if only they put as much into the recent stuff as they did there.
it all seems a bit rushed thesedays.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|