View Single Post
Old 12.03.2008, 10:18 PM   #88
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Cool, I got you man. You're right about the LP's and origins of rap. Dudes weren't sampling Omar-Bin Hasaan or the other poets until the ''golden era'' which in this case we will designate as 88-94.

Yeah, I guess it comes down to the fact that the origins of rap predate hip hop, but that hip hop began as a dj and break dancing music that wasn't initially dependent on rapping anyway. So the first hip hop wasn't even about rapping and the first rap arguably happened decades ahead. So me calling the Last Poets self titled album early hip hop is technically wrong except the two genres really did fuse, especially by the end of the '80s like you say.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|