Thread: Hip-Hop
View Single Post
Old 04.16.2006, 05:45 AM   #19
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
I've been liking some hip-hop artists lately, like DF Doom, DJ Shadow, Company Flow. I wanted to expand my knowledge on this genre some...
Anyone got any ideas of artists similar to the ones I mentioned above?

Although I don't know that much about hip hop soem of my favourite albums are:
Dr Octagon- Dr Octagnecologist
Concept album by Dan the Automater and Kool Keith about a space ginecologist from Jupiter. Its rad, trust me.

Wu- Tang- Enter the Wu-Tang
No explanation needed, best hip hop album ever.

Big L- The Big Picture
Awesome New York rapper who got capped.

Edan- Beauty and the Beat
Great album from last year fusing a lot of psychedelic sounds with hip hop in a totally non-lame way.

Rawkus Records Presents:Soundbombing 2
Rawkus used to be a great record label and this shit was great. Featuring some of the best tracks I've ever heard from Company Flow, Pharoh Monch, Blackstar, Big L, RA tha Rugged Man even a really good Eminem track before he got wack