View Single Post
Old 06.15.2006, 06:11 PM   #17
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
I think that, due to all of the personnel changes, the relationship of MES with the other members is integral to the band, and therefore an unavoidable interest - The Fall's sound morphs as regularly as the line-up, and I think that that when things are going well, there is an unexpectedly democratic nature to The Fall. That said,I take your point - I only really have an interset in the band members relationships within the band, if you see what I mean.

The Fall, as was written recently, 'lend themselves to obsession'.

Neville Wilding left over a payment dispute, but he had previously gotten away with hitting MES: One of the strangest entrances is that of Nick Dewey, who attended the 1999 Reading festival as the manager of the Chemical Brothers and ended up on stage with the Fall. "This drunk man [guitarist Neville Wilding] came backstage asking if anyone played drums," he says. "The band had had a fight and left the drummer at motorway services." Dewey hadn't played for 10 years, but once a Chemical Brother put his name forward, Wilding refused to take no for an answer. Dewey was led to a darkened tour bus to meet Smith, "passed out with his shirt off. The guitarist had to punch him in the face to wake him up. Then they began fighting over whether or not they should teach me the songs. Mark said no!" With a blood-covered Smith offering occasional prompts, Dewey pulled it off.

That comes from this artcle, incidentally, in which Dave Simpson attempted to track down all of the ex-members.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|