View Single Post
Old 02.15.2021, 06:33 PM   #7
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
according that scale, "ghost bitch" might fit? or "society is a hole" or "i'm insane"

most of bmr fits the description
The easiest metric I can think of for the scale how easy a band or artist's music is to listen to for the average person, or a scale of melodic vs. atonal. Not all artists at Levels 10 and 11 are metal; there are some electronic and avant garde groups/artists like Autechre and Diamanda Galas up there as well.

But, like all things we're talking about something relative (or as TV Tropes would put it, Your Mileage May Vary) here. To someone into say, blackened death metal, none of SY's songs are hard/heavy at all. I'm talking more in terms of compared with all of their other songs more than on the scale.

Another album full of candidates is probably Confusion Is Sex, especially if you count the reissue that includes the Kill Yr Idols EP. I can say it was rather unsettling for me the first time (although having been sick probably made it worse)...