Thread: soYeard
View Single Post
Old 08.14.2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usGAF...layer_embedded

soYEARN is super-8 project that i worked on accidentally. over the course of 10 or so years of shooting bands, artists, designers, friends and memories in far-flung places, i accumulated a ton of super-8. thurston moore, jim dunbar and don flemming's noise project, FOOT was doing a show at the Swiss Institute in NYC. they asked me to do multi-screen projections. one projector was showing reels of all of the footage i had cut out of other projects--scenes that were too dark, had skips in the gate, were too washed out, the iris was doing something weird, the focus was crappy--or, i just had better takes of the same material. it was everything i'd ordinarily never want anyone to see. i did a half-assed transfer of these reels--filmed off of my door and just dropped a live recording of the FOOT audio behind the images. i made no edits to the footage. i corrected none of the pervasive problems with the images.

this segment of soYEARN has some footage of sonic youth at a cool hotel we stayed at in portugal and has some out-take footage of thomas campbell skating in NYC while he was painting one of his pop-up murals at MAX FISH on the lower east side. so, here's part two of an hour's worth of murky, mundane memories
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|