View Single Post
Old 04.20.2010, 10:13 PM   #52
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
The Carter II is a fucking tremendous record on so many levels. I feel like their is definitely no better album to help you appreciate the dirty south and cash money records. Cash Money & Family just do real big shit. Always.

I was always super into Big Tymers, Hot Boyz, etc. So, naturally, I had some exposure to Lil Wayne. However, his verses always tended to seem the worst to me on those tracks. He kind of pissed me off just being in them. There was something about his flow that I just couldn't get into.

Then, as I was getting in my friend's car, Shooter was just starting. I was instantly hooked and had to know what it was. Lil Wayne had perfected that style that I had once found annoying or even abrasive, and it was fucking sick! I bought the record and within a week had obscene numbers of his albums and mix tapes. I couldn't get enough.

Dope Boy is a fantastic song. I can play that shit on repeat. I feel like Lil Wayne's lyrics are so tight with the music on this album than any of his other albums. It's the only Weezy album I can just 'throw on' without being in some sort of super-Weezed mood or something.

All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise
A fist full of dollars, a list full of problems
I'll address them like P.O. Boxes
Yeah I'm from New Orleans, the Creole cockpit
We so out of it, zero tolerance
Gangsta gumbo, I'll serve 'em a pot of it
I'm wealthy, still fucking wit that block shit
Wet your ass up, head to feet til your sock a drip
Don't strip, you might fall and bust your ass
No snakes at the carter, tell the gardener to cut the grass
I hear 'em but they talking under mass
Stop throwing pebbles at a bulletproof glass