View Single Post
Old 12.20.2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
when I was asking about the Neil Young shit that was dropping on Black Record Store Day 2014, one record store owner told me that he refused to participate, and that Black Friday in general was against everything RSD stood for. That it was not an "official" RSD event, just a corporate infiltration of a day that was created to save a dying industry, not feed a giant corporate machine.

I was like, "uh... ok. Sorry. I just like Neil Young. See ya."

Went back there last week to buy an Xmas present for a friend (the Grateful Dead's Fair Thee Well CD & DVD) and I overheard him taking about how well they'd done on ..... Black Friday.

Ugh. I really hate music snobs. Especially hypocritical ones.

I'm not a huge fan of Recoed Store Day itself anymore either. It's turned into monstrosity. I drink it's milkshake!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|