View Single Post
Old 04.15.2014, 09:50 PM   #37503
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hey yeah. the linoleum is glued to plywood, tile-style. im not interested in ungluing that crap (impossible, really) but in prying up the whole plywood with the shit stuck on it. i'll try to jam a flat bar between the plywood and the 2x4s that supports it. there's some kind of nailing somewhere but i can't see it. maybe it's staples. i'll get me a big fucking bar and a bigass hammer. fun!!! (i love destruction-- i also hate linoleum)

re: earthen floors, it's more of a southwest thing, you start with a water barrier, cover in sand, then add sand+clay , sometimes straw, then finer and finer sand with clay. in the end you coat with linseed oil. the linseed oil bonds with the clay and plastifies and looks fucking beautiful.

here's some hippies working on one:

here some finished examples:

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|