View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 12:33 PM   #1008
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey louder, not to dredge up old shit, but I wanted to mention that I got the new issue of Rolling Stone in the mail yesterday, and it had a goddamn glowing review of The Life of Pablo. 4.5/5 stars, best reviewed album of the year so far for them, I think.

Anyway, I'm not here to gloat about the fact that the critical verdict is in, and unanimously positive among all major media publications** but I do think you should check out the Rolling Stone review, because it has an interesting take on the album's sloppiness, and despite the praise, it does nail Ye for trying to get "cheap laughs" and failing. But it frames all that's stuff in an interesting context, and I'd like to hear your input.

(** I will do a wee bit of gloat-free "summarizing," however: SPIN called it "essential," pitchfork and Rolling Stone gave it near perfect ratings, and CoS. NPR and the Guardian all praised it. )
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|