View Single Post
Old 06.03.2011, 07:14 PM   #56
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Yeah...I think it's probably a matter of "rights" to show the taped stuff in different countries, not sure it is a proper form of elitism, even if results are pretty similar hehe.
I think there are a couple glitches (nothing too annoying) in the audioperv recording, the youtube ones, if properly edited, could have better bitrate (both sound an video) and possibly better resolution too.
We'll see, if someone will be willing to help us foreigners .

A few coachella "pro" vids are on vimeo too, not sure if those are better quality or simply "cut" from the audioperv vid or sumthin'.

there's also this:
http://vimeo.com/20922251

which is kinda interesting, if the link hasn't been posted here yet (I haven't followed the whole thread...)

Yeah, i know restrictions of this kind have a lot to do with copyright issues most of the time. I was kind of just bitching, without dedicating any deep thoughts to the subject.

That acoustic video is pretty nice. Proof that they do things well without over abusing their stash of pedals, as it has been implied before in this thread (the song "Baby", is also worth of mention regarding this point).

And yeah, i agree with you all on the Warpaint live vs. Warpaint on record debate (if there is any). I love both the "Exquisite Corpse" EP and "The Fool", but i also think pretty much all of the songs sound superior in any live performance than they do on the records. I'm looking forward to seeing them in September, maybe they'll even have a taste of new material that would end up on their next album (I'm daydreaming).

One thing about Warpaint i really dislike, is that their management and label (and possibly the band themselves?) don't seem to fully support the circulation of live recordings, or at least that's apparently the reason why those that were available at the recordingla blog had to be taken down. It would be a giant bummer if that policy ever extends to dimeadozen. Admittedly, i don't know the circumstances or exact reasons as to why they opposed the further distribution of the files that were in that blog (i guess if they were planning to release officially those specific shows, then it would have made sense), but i don't see the harm in taping and sharing. In fact, i fell in love with this band after hearing recordings of this kind, and that pushed me to buy the official stuff. The way i see it, distribution of recordings of live shows are positive for musicians in a similar way as it is playing sessions for KCRW, NPR's World Cafe (today's session is now up), All Saints Basement (see nicfit's post), yourstru.ly, spinner and what have you; or having a handful of demos available for free at last.fm, for instance.