View Single Post
Old 01.17.2017, 09:22 PM   #75
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
wow! Rob really went on a tantrum there!

don't love everything Lynch has done but I can tell he treats film as an art form. no matter how kooky or pointless it is. never thought he was trying to be deep either. just trying to evoke something uncomfortable or surreal. it works for me. he does creepiness well and sometimes I like to indulge in creepiness.

Yeah, he is not "trying to be deep." Fucker said himself he didn't know what Mulholland Drive was really about, or what "really" happened in it. He just created an experience, and a hell of an experience at that. He's not trying to unravel the mysteries of the universe. Frankly, I think only a very closed-minded person would watch his films and assume he was going for some elite academic or philosophical message. He's a curator of terror, and he's fascinated by the visceral response we have to extreme discomfort and our assumption that a lack of summary explanation is unnatural. Who says it's unnatural? Things don't get definitive explanations in real life, why should he treat us to an easy gift-wrapped package?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|