View Single Post
Old 08.24.2006, 04:25 AM   #45
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Just ahead of the release of his first album in five years, Modern Times, Bob Dylan has called the quality of modern recordings "atrocious." In an interview with Jonathan Lethem of Rolling Stone magazine, the folk icon complained they just don't make records like they used to.

"The records I used to listen to and still love, you can't make a record that sounds that way," said Dylan, 65.

He recalls former Beach Boy Brian Wilson's technique of laying down records with four tracks, an effect that cannot be recreated with today's studio sessions.

"You do the best you can, you fight that technology in all kinds of ways, but I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really," he said.

Dylan acknowledges the days are gone when musicians could make songs to play on record players. But he says he still thinks the CD lacks something. "You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like — static," he said. "Even these songs [on his new album] probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em." he said.

"I remember when that Napster guy came up across, it was like, 'Everybody's gettin' music for free.' I was like, 'Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway.'"
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|