View Single Post
Old 07.11.2016, 11:03 AM   #6626
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
what are your thoughts on the music?

Simply put, I think the actual music is heavenly. Less droney than I had expected, but it's by no means a disappointment. I think it's a pretty perfect confluence of the two artists' styles. 7 minutes into "I Just Want You to Stay" those Fennesz tones really come out and shine, and the surrounding ambience is weird and epic. I also really love about 5 min into "Wouldn't Wanna Be Swept Away." There's that fuzzed out strumming in the background (that kind of shit always gets me, especially when it's as elegiac as it is here) and I feel like that section serves as the climax of the song and maybe the album, even though there's a good 12 minutes left by the time things begin to come back to earth.

I think Christian takes front and center for most of the climactic moments, but it's that fuzzed out guitar — which has to be Jim... just has to... but correct me if I'm wrong — that really makes me turn that track up and zone out.

There's nothing about it I don't like.... musically. And I guess I'm more or less over the cover photo, since I don't have to look at that shit if I don't want to. I don't think it will nevessarily rank among my favorite releases of the year, but that may change. I think it's a beautiful record.

But that's pretty much what I was expecting. Again, big fan of both artists here. No surprise that I like the album.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|