View Single Post
Old 07.06.2009, 05:19 AM   #8
sarramkrop

Crucifucks

from Touch & Go 'zine

The Crucifucks were interviewed on May 5th in Lansing.

TV: So your last couple of gigs have ended on a violent note I hear... tell me how much you like Flint.

Scott: It's OK... It's the bouncers.

Doc: We didn't see much of the town - just the disco...

Scott: It has a really strict dress code... (talking about the Micotam)

TV: How many of you got beat up?

Scott: 4 or 5...

Doc: Scott got shoved around a lot and my back is really starting to bother me.

TV: You gonna sue 'em?

Doc: I'm gonna try... probably find out it's the mafia and you'll find me in a ditch somewhere.

TV: What about your gig in London, Ontario?

Doc: There were people who came to that bar just to cause trouble... Yeah, long-haired leather jacketed guys with gloves with knuckles exposed... The guy that booked us in there got suckerpunched twice before we even played... and it just got worse. It was chaos... people were throwing glasses...

Scott: It ended up we didn't get paid.

TV: Had any problems here in town because of your name?

Scott: We can't play...

Doc: Some people find our name offensive.

TV: I say bring back Club DOO BEE.

Doc: That place was perfect almost...

TV: So, what do the Crucifucks stand for ideologically, socially, politically, morally, sexually... blah blah...

Doc: I can't speak for the other guys, we're all really different... We like to think that compared to most bands we've got a better idea of the different ways the government is fucking people over... and how religion plays a part in that.

TV: Hence the name...

Doc: We have to play around here as the SCRIBBLES... It's always been an asset of mine to offend people. Basically... I hate police. We've got a couple of songs about them... Most of the songs are directed to people like that who have little or no intelligence whatsoever.

TV: That was great when we did (we being the MEATMEN) "Fuck the Cops" and you started screaming and the whole crowd went apeshit...

Doc: Yeah, the same thing happened in Flint - we started the song "Who Are Those Fools in Uniforms" and I just screamed KILL THE PIGS... There's a lot of good sentiment out there it's just that people are subdued cuz they are afraid of the consequences.

TV: What's "Positive in a Negative Town" about?

Doc: Ask Steve...

Scott: Bagels...

Steve: It speaks for itelf...

Scott: Well, he doesn't know.

TV: When you guys do "Go Bankrupt and Die" I always think lovingly about my boss.

Doc: That's good that you thought about that... it can be applied to anything or anyone establishment. Just look at all the man-hours logged throughout history and now it's all stockpiled in gold for the rich... and there's all these people with no jobs and no future... It's like in "Democracy Spawns Bad Taste" I say "Put a gun in my back and I'll do what you say, but if you let me get away you'll get yours"... and I'm not a revenge-seeking person, but if someone does something it comes back to haunt them...

TV: So how did the incident with the EL cops come about...

Doc: There's this bar in East Lansing called the America's Cup that's really preppy and all the assholes go down there and drink. It was right before our gig with L-Seven and we were passing out flyers and as we went in, there was a cop so I yelled "asshole"... The guy didn't hear me so Scott said a couple of things.. what did you say...

Scott: Shithead... Fuckface... (That ought to do it -ed)

Doc: A bouncer grabbed and put me out the door and then I elbowed him really hard and there were the cops... When they had me in the cell they were hassling me saying "We have some tinker toys for ya" and then I said I wanted a phone call, so they made the phone ring in the outer room and they said "Go get the phone,go get the phone" and they were laughing at me...

TV: So what else would you like the world to know about your band?

Doc: We've been accused by our parents - Joe has and I have - that it's just a totally negative message.

TV: Have your folks heard your music?

Scott: My mom has a tape of us and she gets up in the morning and listens to it... She played it for her fourth-grade class... You can't understand the bad words so she played it for 'em. She's seen us twice...

Doc: People around town accuse us of being troublemakers but we don't actively try to cause trouble, it finds us... People are intimidated by what we say and we're saying things that are true... Everything we do is borne out of concern as to why things are still this way.
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/usa...s_TGinter.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|