Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 09.03.2008, 11:50 PM   #88
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
The media is skewed to the right, dude. Murdoch etc. own all the important companies.

They are undoubtedly way to the authoritarian right in Australia.

And, of course, FoxNews, as has been mentioned, is a conservative platform.

The media has traditionally been slightly more liberal than conservative in America, but all that started changing over the last generation.

The media in Europe has traditionally by-and-large leaned to the left, that is, up until recent years.

As more and more media outlets are owned by fewer and fewer companies, these changes have manifested themselves.

The bottom line is that for all of its semblance towards an allegedly fair & balanced ethos, the media skews towards the idiot, i.e., the right

Continuing with this little offering of mine, I spoke with a print journalist today about this little left/right media thing and my own view that it is skewed towards the idiot.

He replied that I was exactly and cited a Gannett corporate editorial policy. Now, I already knew that Gannett owns many media outlets and is notoriously right wing. (let's forget Murdoch for a moment shall we?) Anyway, he explained that he knows people that write for Gannett and people that have written for Gannett and that they are often up-in-arms with frustration because Gannett changes their copy. The point of all this? Well, the point is that Gannett changes copy as to not be above an eighth grade reading level.

Please allow me a victory jig.

x,.;l;sold;s';ka,,dajeui;ls;''a,aasdf
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|