View Single Post
Old 02.27.2013, 04:21 PM   #296
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I would die to defend your, and our, right to own a gun bro. Just sayin'. I think most so-called "gun nuts" would do the same.

and remember I do not own a gun, but I will defend your right to own one should the need arise.

This argument is not about nuts though. It is about regular normal, healthy people who, because of the actions of mentally ill, or violent assholes, are being slowly relieved of their civil liberties, as specified in our nation's constitution.

Dude, I am not suggesting to repeal the Amendment entirely, after all, you can't exactly put 3 BILLION guns back into Pandora's Box can you? What is being debated and suggested in our national dialogue is the concept of more specifically interpreting the Second Amendment, what exactly the term "bear arms" implies. The premise behind gun control and restriction, is that the Second Amendment did not intend a carte-blanche. The Constitution is not self-revealing Gospel truths, it didn't arrive by the Holy Spirit, it is interpreted and enacted by the Federal government which is defined by the Constitution and yet dually is solely empowered to enact and interpret it as well. Plus and again, considering the history of hypocrisy, double-standards, codified racism, and other gross inequities and iniquities, couldn't we agree that the Constitution isn't exactly the most trust-worthy of documents? Our American history has as many examples of the Constitution being used to ENSLAVE, DISENFRANCHISE, and even KILL other Americans as much as it supposedly defends the rights of Americans. Currently the President has an unapologetic "hit-list" of Americans which can be summarily executed minus any kind of due-process, which all the Constitutional lawyers seem to assure is us perfectly legal.

Me, I don't think its worth the paper to wipe my fucking ass with, but if you feel so strongly you'd die for it, at the least, make sure you are quite clear as to which time period and interpretation, because the enactment of the Constitution is not static, it is a process.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|