Thread: The Fall
View Single Post
Old 05.05.2009, 08:40 PM   #308
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It's just a bunch of simple (but cool as shit) riffs and melodies, repeated over and over and over and over again, with a guy drunkenly talking over top with no rhythm at all and no singing ability, and making noises. That's pretty much every Fall song, give or take. And it's awesome. I will agree, there is something otherworldly about them that's a bit unexplainable. I don't know what makes their music so captivating. I think it's because they're deceptively simple, in a "Pink Flag" kinda way. Sure, the riffs and the chord changes and all that are simple, anyone can play that kinda stuff... but the structures of the song are so brilliant. They usually never go on too long, and when the songs change (if they do) is usually what's most striking. Take a song like "totally wired", when the bass changes up ever so slightly about halfway through the song, it's the most amazing thing ever. Just one slight little bass, uh, "fill", I guess. Or how about "the man whose head expanded" when the entire song slows down suddenly? Just all these amazing little moments. Great lyrics. I dunno. Just a great band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|