View Single Post
Old 11.21.2011, 08:47 PM   #13
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Despite people always labeling them "sibling guitars" due to the looks, they sound completely different. That always annoyed me a bit when reading about them.

Jaguars can often require more work on them to get them sounding the way you want, and they are only wired for single tone pick-ups, so as mentioned they can have a wonderful clean tone but can be tricky trying to use pedals with them.

I say go for a Jazzmaster personally and get a Jaguar down the line if you can; They're both well worth it in the long run.

Take this for what you will, I think the Jazzmaster feels lighter (to me, anyway) but due to the slightly longer neck the Jaguar is more comfortable. That's probably my preference though.

~Jeremy~

Yeah, Jag's heavier no question.

I dreamed of having a Jazzmaster for over a decade. I knew it was my dream guitar the moment I first heard the name. I was actually more of a Gibson guy before I actually played one, finding Jags too cumbersome, Tele's too limited, and Strat's kind of boring.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|