View Single Post
Old 04.22.2016, 02:16 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Prince created his own little side-genre of Funk. I think he did give fans what they wanted but there is a big difference between that and pandering to fans.
I agree. I wouldn't call it pandering but as a musician i understand what he was doing. I have some art i create that is so unique and niche is really for me and limited audience. Other times i consciously create my art in a way that i know is more accessible. Sometimes i play my no wave stuff, sometimes i play the more accessible jazz or reggae i created.i think the genius of Prince was how his art always bridged the gap between his own original sound and sense of vision and yet making it widely accessible to the general audience. You can hear it in the evolution of his music. It always sounded like some of the other musics on the radio or TV BUT was also always distinctively Prince

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|