View Single Post
Old 03.27.2018, 01:00 PM   #40614
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the scent of helen mirren made me forget this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
A simple Campari and grapefruit is a great summer drink but fewer and fewer pubs stock Campari. It seems pretty out of fashion now.

funny thing, amaros and italian aperitivos in general have been in the american food/drink blogs A LOT in recent times, but i’m a believer from way back when.

must be a brexit thing there or something? no idea.

here campari is internet-famous i guess, but the other amaros are the real hipster drink. what are their names... lemme see. oh yeah carpano antica, cynar, amaro nonino, etc.

///

ok apparently campari aperol etc are not amaros proper, as they’re not made with hard liquor. sorry about that. but they’re all bitter.

i dont know the technical definition but they’re all teh same idea though, made with bitter & aromatic herbs, whether it’s grain alcohol or fortified wine (vermouth), and with a range of sweetness and bitterness depending on who does what. hundreds of herbs and plants.

all this talk of aperitivo is making me hungry

eta: listen to this podcast and salivate

https://www.splendidtable.org/story/...bout-aperitivo

those ladies are swooning with yearning, which is hilarious
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|