View Single Post
Old 10.16.2015, 05:27 PM   #14
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

star wars was never about thechnology, it's a religious text. but you're right that the cyberpunk imaginarium hasn't been superseded-- at least not in film. we're stuck at the post-apocalyptic bullshit because our minds haven't yet comprehended the reality created by total networking. terminator sees it as the enemy and advocated techno-regression-- that's a fucking old trope. the matrix is a metaphor for that connectivity but it remains broad and metaphoric and it also gets religious in the end (hinduism). i don't know anybody yet who's working out the kinks of the new emerging hive mind- it's all "de macheen weel keel usss". boring.

right.

at least in terminator the default setting is to use machines to war against the machines (going to war against them at all is bad enough)

but things get worse as time goes on

the matrix is very explicitly about a race war against digital post humans/machines. in fact the matrix KILLED cyberpunk because the vision put forth as a respite from the supposedly evil matrix is if you poke at it closely enough some sort of hippie communitarianism, regressive and one step away from primitivism and agrarianism - i know that that is not ever spelt out directly in the films but it is imo what's lurking in their unconscious and the next logical step that the zionists (lol) in that film want to take.

in oblivion it's got even worse and tom cruise goes psychotic in the face of his own simulacra and murders what is essentially a bossy female ipod to restore his post apocalyptic heterosexual primacy.

i wish i could point to examples that defied the trend but i just can't. it just got worse and worse.

noone could even MATCH the aesthetic of blade runner.

imo the epitome of this shitstorm was the star trek remakes, which is SCIENCE FICTION WHICH GIVES US A VISION OF THE FUTURE THAT HAS BEEN OUT OF DATE SINCE THE 60'S. this is the biggest betrayal of what star trek was about but whats even worse is that it seems to have gone unnoticed. like - people in 2010 accepted a science fiction movie that was 50 years out of date, nevermind DEALING WITH THE FUCKING TECHNOLOGICAL FUTURE WHICH IS WHAT SCI FI IS SUPPOSED TO DO!
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|