View Single Post
Old 03.02.2011, 03:12 AM   #14178
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Hmm. Glad you liked it, man, but I could not get into that one at all... even for a film in a particularly dull slump in Miike's filmography (Crows Zero and its sequel/prequel, Scars of the Sun, the awful Zebraman 2, Yatterman), Sukiyaki stands out as particularly bland. The only thing he's done recently I got into was probably God's Puzzle. I strangely liked Yakuza Demon too, despite it not really doing anything that he hadn't done before. Sukiyaki has some Izo-like stuff goin on -- IZO is my favorite film by Miike, by far -- but it just dragged. Tarantino's appearance was strangely hilarious....

Ghost, since you like Japanese film so much, you should check out THE MAN WHO STOLE THE SUN. Just amazing. I also recently watched HANA AND ALICE (same director as SWALLOWTAIL BUTTERFLY, ALL ABOUT LILY CHOU CHOU, RITUAL, and all sorts of other great films) and I thought of you.

I completely understand where you're coming from, I had a feeling I wouldn't like it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Teruyuki Kagawa as Sheriff Hoanka was pretty awesome for a minor role, great actor in Tokyo Sonata too. Tarantino at the end. lol freaky

Will check 'em out, I can never have enough of Japanese film. HANA AND ALICE sounds interesting, and THE MAN WHO STOLE THE SUN looks insane. Can't wait to watch these, thanx alot!
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|