View Single Post
Old 12.04.2012, 02:48 PM   #2217
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
dynamo won back to back as well BTW

on spanish TV which carries all Dynamo games, the announcers have to say our star's name funny. His name is Brian Ching, and they say "Brian CHEENG!" because it is too close to CHINGA. Brian CHINGA!!!!!!

I ONLY watch soccer in Spanish, American commentators are boring in comparison. Those boring ESPN dudes were ruining the US World Cup matches with their cynicism and boring attitude, the dudes in espanol are pumped. They pump up every thing, every touch, every pass, every defensive play, every kick (especially on goal)... When I watched the first half of ONE match in English I was so depressed I wanted to turn it off, the comments were all in a "Meh" attitude, but then I watched the second half in Spanish, not only were those dudes animated and excited to watch USA play, but we won that match in spite of the American commentators bitter cynicism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Houston Dynamo and LA Galaxy have either won or been a part of championship MLS games like 6 out of the last 8 years! National media does not give a fuck about anything Houston. it is brutal.

OUr football team is best in nation, and gets no media coverage at all. Our futbol team has gone to championship 2 years in a row, and won two MLS cups in the last 6-7 years, and no national coverage. It is horrible.

when the Rockets won their first championship in 1994, Sports Illustrated did not print a special championship Rockets edition, which they do for every other champ, and did not put hakeem THE DREAM on the cover even though he won Def Player of the Year, League MVP,a nd finals MVP that year.
when the rockets held the giant pep rally afterwards, some fuck from SI came to congratulate team, and the entire crowd boo'ed so fucking loud and long that the fucker could not even speak, and was embarrassed and had to hand the mike back to Rudy T.

I don't know anything about Houston Dynamo aside from they are apparently Galaxy's rival since DC has went into decline (as !@#$%! mentioned). What I do know is Houston Texans have received a disproportionate amount of media attention and favor last season and this season at least it appears they deserve the fanfare. In regards to the way the sports community robbed Hakim the Dream and the Rockets of their glory in the mid-1990s is even more embarrassing than the way the NBA treated Lebron James after he went to Miami or the attitude of the Boston Celtics fans in general. Houston Rockets were phenomenal in the decade that Lakers were in decline in between Showtime and ShaKobe.

Two teams made me happy in the 1990s, the Seattle Sonics and the Houston Rockets for being that westcoast team to try to stick it to Jordan. I'd say the Jazz too, but fuck them, Utah is LA's biggest rival of the 1980s and 1990s, the way Karl Malone and John Stockton clowned LA in 1997 and 1998 STILL hurts, and it was fun to watch the Bulls bully them in retaliation. LA fans only rooted for Michael Jordan because the Bulls clowned our rivals the Suns and Jazz and to a lesser extent Sonics. The Hakim the Dream Championship run was something special in sports, and the asterisk of a temporary retired Jordan isn't fair, Rockets earned that on their own! That is why Lebron James hit up the Dream to develop his game and didn't hit up Magic or Jordan or Kareem, think about that for a second ; )

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|