View Single Post
Old 07.30.2008, 09:25 AM   #32
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
They all suck shit and get deadly boring after ten minutes.

I'd rather listen to cantankerous fart

or just go outside and listen to the true NOISE of the world around you, especially on a large city street.

I own several noice records and I have never heard any of them more than once. It's just me. I like some structure, like lightning bolt or borbbetomagus or what lee ranaldo's solo albums have, where even though it is not a standard structure, you can see progression and the piece of music is whole in an of itself.

A good noise record should have a form or structure, whether it be a more rhythmic Merzbow performance, or the full-one onslaught of (plays wank card) Whitehouse live. Generic noise (which I understand you're referring to) just goes nowhere, and coasts on a sea of musical and aesthetic cliches. One of the best "noise" records I've heard is the Pierre Henry "Cortical Art" album; the sound material comes from amplified brainwave activity. No jamming here - highly organized, performed to a particular length and structure, and cuts even my beloved Whitehouse in the visceral stakes. I wouldn't even begin to compare that with some bedroom loser with a broken fuzz pedal and a crap Sutcliffe Jugend CD...

Postscript - You like getting a lot of use out of the "Cantanky parping" wank card, don't you? Not as bad as me with my wank cards, though!