Thread: Religion thread
View Single Post
Old 10.18.2017, 07:31 PM   #21
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I like that the religion thread wound up being more about the equally real Comic Book universe.
Nicely done!

Right. I mean, it’s all just ideas, right? Scientifically, there is no more evidence in favor of God’s existence than there is of Superman’s. And both are equally non-falsifiable, so it makes sense to me to lump them together.

I choose to hope that Superman is real because I actually like Superman and Superman doesn’t make me feel shitty about myself or have questionable opinions on gays. Superman doesn’t condemn (well, except to the Phantom Zone, but is that really “condemning?”) and he represents what I would like a savior to look like. So, fuckit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|