View Single Post
Old 01.30.2015, 07:24 PM   #120
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Hey, this album's pretty damn good! I have never listened to Vic Spencer prior to this... He's a fuckin' crate digger, and I like the sample play, the chopping and screwing of vintage jazz samples... He's a bit of a big deal in Chicago, but I'd never paid him any mind. I think he samples Earl Sweatshirt, among many others, but his flow is aggressive and he writes about crappy rap (which there's a lot of, let's be honest).

Not sure if I'll still like this in a month. He does dis Jigga at least once, which never goes over well with me. But on the whole it's a pretty good record so far.

Oh... He samples a lot of shit that I know but can't name. Damn. That's infuriating. Anyway check it out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|