View Single Post
Old 12.11.2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The inductees for 2012-2013 have been announced.

RUSH

Heart

Donna Summer

Public Enemy

Albert King

Randy fucking Newman?

Quincy Jones
(as a "collaborator")

Lou Adler (collaborator)

while I know the RnR HoF is Rolling Stones magazine's personal wank-a-thon, and always chooses acts from AOR radio heyday, their attempts at including hip hop seem extra pathetic.

They put in Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, for ONE SONG

They put in RUN DMC

The put in PE now.

Flavor Flav always said Rap was rock n roll. in fact he yelled it a lot. Maye he was right.

Heart sucks. They have always sucked. fuck Heart. I hate their fucking shitty music

Donna Summer...I like some of her music, but she is no rock n roller

Randy Fucking Newman can go fucking die already. I hate that fuck and his songs and his music and his fucking voice and all his disney bullshit.

Albert King was an amazing guitarist, an amazing bluesman, and I love his music, but it makes no sense to me to induct bluesmen into the RnR Hall of Fame. None at all. Being an influence on rock n roll does not merit inclusion into a rock n roll hall. Just my thoughts.

Quincy Jones is a huge figure in pop music, and in music in general, but again, he does not have a rock n roll pedigree.

RUSH. What can I say about Rush? I have friends who are die hard RUSH maniacs. I enjoy several of their songs. I respect them for doing what they do for 30 something years. I think they deserve induction purely on staying power, fan base, and influence.

Just some thoughts.