View Single Post
Old 05.08.2010, 10:01 AM   #57
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
actually, J was the lesser part of the equation, he really seemed lost and was unable to follow T, particularly in portions of the 2nd improv. He needs to stick to his pick up band / songs stuff and leave the weird stuff for thems that can do that sort of thing. I was really impressed with Thurston's ability to adapt to the J man's "style"

I agree it was a very good Thurston show and a very below par Jandek performance. That said, Jandek has some great records where he does stuff besides songs with words, and he could have done something along those lines. However, the improvisational nature of the two of them together was definitely off balance. I didn't think Thurston was leading, he was playing around Jandek the whole time, but Jandek's leading was just too limited and haphazard. Such a shame compared to the jaw dropping set he layed down the last time in Portland. Still the best artists keep us guessing and take risks sometimes that don't pay off.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|