View Single Post
Old 05.01.2010, 04:20 PM   #44
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Well... Jandek was like an out of tune metronome and Thurston brought the T-bone. Thurston decsontructing a rock song all night, while Jandek played the ultimate stripped down and minimalist other rock song at the same time. Wish Jandek had sung or maybe John Cale had shown up on viola.

Thurston delivered the goods better than in many a collaboration I've listened to, while Jandek was nowhere near as riveting as four years ago in the same room as a true leader.

Later that night I saw Baby Dee. Portland is definitely a town for weirdos.

played 3 collabs tunes. around 1 hr tot, verrrrry noisy set

glad they played loud, to keep the audience noise down to minimal.

1st was the best, IMO, just blistering TM and the J was playing good detuned/slack string/reverb rhythm gtr.

2nd was TM starting out nice, J had NO IDEA what to do, so just played single chords and notes. Finally he got back to what he did right on the 1st one.....

3rd was pretty good, I think Thurston figured out what J was wanting and or capable of doing and set him up for good space for J to do his (same sort of)thing inside of.

Saw J outside and also the next day downtown. PDX is a great town, enjoyed some wonderful cuban and vietnamese foods.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|