View Single Post
Old 05.05.2007, 08:37 AM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Crypto, how did you get hold of Atari's password?

Seems you're stark raving mad.

Look, a poster (on second thought, there's actually a few) who shall remain nameless is a cool person who happens to be gay. I think I've read him mention it maybe a couple of times in as many years when the topic called for it.

Now, please contrast this aforementioned poster with the usual culprits and just stop feigning ignorance in the hopes I will put my foot in my mouth or get caught up in some diatribe with you and your buddies.

Why do some insist on reinforcing their differences and telling everyone about how they are gay every five minutes when most homosexuals (and those that head the political activist movement (although they do apparently support the misnomer tag of "alternative lifestyle")) want nothing more than to be accepted for the normal people they are?

The initial DSM classified homosexuality as a mental health disorder. The DSM-II did likewise, but was disclaimed after the second printing. As is the case with most things, the truth really is somewhere in the middle. Science has proven that homosexuality exists in every single species that can possibly engage in same sex intercourse.
To be sure, humans are more complex, and thus have more behavioral variables, but the sheer number of homosexuals is still significantly out of proportion when compared to that of other species. Thus, it only makes sense that a significant number of homosexuals are actually struggling with some form of identity-formative disorder and not necessarily genetically predispositioned to be homosexuals.

In perhaps more relatable and general terms, those with identity-formative disorder to some degree are the same people who, like the Kurt Cobain lyric, are deluded to such an extent that they sincerely believe "everyone is gay" and are psychologically compelled to "shock" according to their belief system. It's a bit like the fundamentalist Christian who, deep down, has doubts about their faith but obsessively incant the name of Jesus constantly to reinforce the compulsion due to their illness.

That's it; I'm done here.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|