Thread: pete nolan...
View Single Post
Old 09.22.2008, 01:22 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
this is NOT a magik markers lovers vs. haters thread. i merely feel like i need to point out how fucking amazing of a drummer pete nolan is. it never really ocurred to me. i was just watching a markers performance from 06, it appears that leah already left and they had two extra guitar players surrounding elisa. so, they are still in full on harmolodic cock noise early no doctors type mode. but i couldnt help but notice that nolan's drumming is always in sync, no mateer how atonal and chaotic the music gets, hes still holding a beat and a rhythm. his drumming is so expansive and hypnotic that elisa can pretty much yelp anything she wants, and play any distorded guitar riff she wants, and the drumming still holds it together. on 'boss', his amazing drumming is even more important, because with the new poetic patti smith thing elisa had started working with, she is able to pull it off because she just seems to let her voice and lyrics and guitar playing get sucked into the vortex of pete's rhythm, makes for an almost soul invading type sound. and, i know there's lots of markers haters on here (hell, i used to be one of em), but their tunes are making more and more sense to me. 'boss' not only has changed my opinion about them, but it also has made the earlier records make more sense and sound better. but anyways, nolan is beast. that is all.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|