View Single Post
Old 06.18.2007, 12:34 PM   #101
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what all the freakouts do not seem to understand is tht sonic youth is at th end of their contract with geffen. they have not re-signed to them. they will be putti ng out their music themselves, funding the tyours themselves, etc. that manes they have to pay the crew, the roadies, the drivers, the techs, all out of their pocket, no to mention a manager to book shows and all the shit that comes along with touring such a fucking awesome band.

MONEY IS NEEDED.
geffen is not going to give them a fat chuink of money when they leave, like some sort of severance package. whatever sonic youth want to do now has to be self-funded.
starbucks, like !@#$! said, is a business that has gown wildly beyond the dreams of it's seattle native starters. before starbucks there were NO coffee shops in the USA. all you had was la madeleine, or some sort of specialty cofee place at the malls.
there was NO coffee shop culture in the usa. because of starbucks,a nd their success, they have created a market, and created a new business model and created a desire for good coffee, not that fucking drip shit they sell at denny's.
before starbucks you ahd to go to a fine restaurant to get a decent latte or capuccino.

long live sonic youth and RATHER RIPPED RULES!!!!!!