View Single Post
Old 06.03.2006, 08:49 PM   #56
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
... I will say that a lot of musicians who are heavily trained in classical disciplines are the shittiest improvisors you can possibly imagine.

ah yes, that's so true. but not just classical, whoever adhers to strict theory and composing, whther they play jazz, prog, fusion, etc. the worst improvisers, they can't play a single note and they get worked up over improvised music, whether they are taking part in it or not. that's another reason i admire yoshida tatsuya, all of ruins music is charted, written down and composed from the very beginning, it's fucking rigid, but then you listen to yoshida's work with sanhedolin or painkiller or seikazoku and he's a terrific improviser. it takes a great skill to be that way.

i can read music notation, can write it but it takes me a while to read or write notes, mainly because i never do it. i know some harmony (intervals) theory, i know a bit of engineering basics (frequency handling, etc.)

writing your music in notation is great, it makes you look at it in a whole different way, but it's not good to rely on it being written down in stone, it takes away the looseness of rock n' roll.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|