View Single Post
Old 04.06.2017, 08:10 AM   #1117
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watching season 1 of REPLICANTS

lol, i meant HUMANS

which is about... replicants ha ha ha ha

but yeah they dream of other stuff

it's a decent enough show, with all the predictable artificial life form tropes at this point, and i would enjoy it more if it was just cut a little faster and it was a little more exciting. everything takes sooo fucking long. like, do i need to look at people staring at each other for all of 20 seconds? come on!

it's made in england and i'm beginning to realize british tv is great at period pieces but maybe doesn't get this type of science fiction. dr. who hell yes-- low production values and everything in the abstract, great. red dwarf the same plus jokes, great.

but both this one and some shit i saw about domestic surveillance make these scenarios a little pedestrian and boring. mind you, it's not unwatchable, but it's just a bunch of wasted chances in a way that some cheapo cardboard production like 12 monkeys or even defiance is not.

i'll watch the whole of it though i think, but just saying it could have been brilliant and it falls short.

i think maybe they try to be too didactic. yes, people get the point, you don't have to make such a fucking long explanation.

that's the same reason i stopped watching orphan black btw. "oh, if clones" and make each scene last forever. big yawn.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|