View Single Post
Old 04.02.2014, 07:06 AM   #340
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I know you never said it was bad. But I do know it was hard for both of us to get into. I compared it to Magna Carta, and said it was the best we could reasonably expect. But I think you're right- Drake is showing signs of creative growth that shouldn't go unnoticed. He's not doing what everyone thought he would do, but he's still taking giant artistic leaps. Like I said, the fact that he out-rapped, out-sold and just plain outdid Weezy on every level is pretty amazing. I mean, you can't even compare NWETS with Human Being II. It's like comparing Picasso to Jim Lee. And Jim is a great comic book artist, but is he an "artist" in the truest sense of the word? No. He draws what he's paid to draw.

I hope Wayne turns this around in 2014, but Drake is currently too good for Young Money. His appearance on the comp was a kindness.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|